The primary endpoint of reduced death, stroke or CV rehospitalisation was maintained over a 2yr follow-up.2See the latest follow-up results
Establishing evidence and informing guidelines for TAVI
PARTNER 3 Trial1
PARTNER 3 — A large randomised, prospective, multi-centre trial showing superior outcomes for transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) compared to surgery (SAVR) in low-surgical-risk patients.1
PARTNER II Trial4
PARTNER II Trial showed comparable outcomes for Edwards SAPIEN 3 TAVI vs SAVR in intermediate-risk patients.
Stay informed with our newsletter
Thank you for signing up to the heartvalves.com newsletter. You will now receive emails on the latest developments and industry insights on heart valve innovation and technology.
1. Mack MJ, Leon MB, Thourani VH, et al. Transcatheter aortic-valve replacement with a balloon-expandable valve in low-risk patients. N Engl J Med. 2019;380:1695-1705 (plus Supplementary Appendix).
2. Mack MJ, Leon MB. Two Year Clinical and Echocardiographic Outcomes from the PARTNER 3 Low-Risk Randomised Trial. Presented at ACC.20. Chicago March 2020.
3. Baron SJ, Magnuson EA, Lu M, et al. Health Status after Transcatheter vs. Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients with Severe Aortic Stenosis at Low Surgical Risk. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019;74(23):2833-2842.
4. Leon MB, Smith CR, Mack MJ, et al. N Engl J Med. 2016;374:1609–1620 and supplementary material.
5. Smith CR, Leon MB, Mack MJ, et al.; PARTNER Trial Investigators. Transcatheter versus surgical aortic-valve replacement in high-risk patients. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:2187-98.
6. Leon MB, Smith CR, Mack MJ, et al; PARTNER Trial Investigators. Transcatheter aortic-valve implantation for aortic stenosis in patients who cannot undergo surgery. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:1597-607.
For professional use. For a listing of indications, contraindications, precautions, warnings, and potential adverse events, please refer to the Instructions for Use (consult eifu.edwards.com where applicable). Edwards devices placed on the European market meeting the essential requirements referred to in Article 3 of the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC bear the CE marking of conformity.